Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two posts in one day... I'm en fuego.

By the time I got home from DC this morning, I was ravenously hungry, so I did what was simple: cereal. I had elaborate plans to make some whole wheat pancakes but it just wasn't going to happen. We had special K, Fiber One Raisin Clusters and I added some blueberries and sugar to round it out. Doesn't this just make you feel healthy looking at it?? Maybe that's just me.

Lunch was yet another BLT. It's weird I've been craving them so much lately. I tried to get some better angles of it for you... hope you can appreciate my efforts!!


I had another stint with a Greek Yogurt parfait today, too. Here it is... another picture that just makes me want to be healthy...
They say people who have an apple an hour before dinner eat significantly less at the table because the fiber from the apple fills them up. I tried this tactic but not because I wanted to be full for dinner-- I just wanted some apples. That along with hickory smoked almonds was my snack this afternoon.

I made fajitas for dinner tonight. The indoor grill pan I bought is making winter grilling a sinch! I love it! This chicken turned out so much better than baked, so I definitely recommend it to you seasonal-only grillers! I made one giant fajita (it was more like a burrito) stuffed with avocado, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, refried beans, salsa, sour cream, onions and sauteed bell peppers--yum! I had some extra peppers and a little bit of green beans on the side, too. It didn't look nice next to all the latin cuisine, so I kept it out :) I nibbled after my fajita but nothing too bad--most of the ingredients are veggies!




A small scoop o' ice cream, two pretzels with peanutbutter for dessert. I'm so sleepy right now, I think I might just go to bed. With love.

PS: A friend had a great idea to merge my blogging with maybe a new hobby--restaurant critiquing. I shouldn't even ask because I know no one is reading this but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! This could be a really fun little hobby if I stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment