Friday, October 30, 2009

The Chop House in D.C.



It's hard to even update you on the lunch and dinner I had yesterday, so I'm not going to. They were completely insignificant compared to....drum roll please... DINNER. Oh-my-I've-gone-to-food-heaven. I met my fellow JMD after work and we got some coffee (my second of the day, oops) and had to drive to Baltimore. Okay, this was a horrifying experience but the food outshines it. Once we survived to Baltimore and back to DC, we had reservations at the Chop House with her crew from college. I'm so stupid I was thinking chop like chopsticks like Asian food. Embarrassing. We get there and the smell of perfect food bliss filled the air. The entrees were huge. We saw an appetizer that was a three tiered tray. It was incredible. We ordered drinks first. Jessie and I had a glass of white wine (I forget the type) and the boys ordered beer... a whole sampling tray actually. I forgot to get that picture! Appetizers were next and actually fantastic. We had this delicious calamari (which usually I just think is okay) with an apricot dipping sauce, crab cakes and this corn bread. I also got a side salad. The entree (split between us and still a lot!) was so good. It was a steak with Gorgonzola cheese over a sauteed mushroom sauce. Don't forget the heaping mound of mashed taters. So, so good. I had a bite of another steak... blew ours out of the water. It was so tender and flavorful. I could have eaten the whole thing. Yum. So good, and highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment