Sunday, October 18, 2009

Something I love about State College is the weather. Something I hate about State College is the weather. It's beautiful there in the fall, spring, and even in the winter, when snow covers everything. It's so cold though. If you're not a person who can take it, don't ever go there in the winter. You'll cry, Well, I thought it was October, and I woke up to this:

Yep, that's my little baby stuck under a tree. A tree fell on my car! Let me tell you, I've never had a problem with cars in my life. Within the past 10 months however, the following have happened: first speeding ticket, got towed for the first time, and it happened again, my first accident, my dad got hit by a car, my car got backed into by a taxi, my car got backed into by a mosquito killing car, and now, my car has been banged up by a pine tree. Lovely. So, the driveway was completely covered with branches and debris, snowy, and scary. You could hear trees cracking in every direction, and I saw many fall. It was scary. The power went out, the phone lines were dead, and as Alex described, it felt like the Twilight Zone because we had to get him out of the house so we could get to rehab etc. So we were rushing around and trying to pack up everything. Breakfast was semi-stale Honey Nut Cheerios, skim milk, and almonds.

Lunch was a wrap from Redifer Commons. It was ham, turkey, american cheese, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and onion. It was alright... I've had better. I prefer the paninis, obviously. By around 4:00, I hit the wall. It was coffee time...hooray! I didn't take a picture.

We chilled real hard the rest of the day, and there was no way we were leaving again. Chinese good was the answer. I love Chinese food, but it makes me feel so bloated, so I don't often get it. When I do, I try to get one dish with a lot of veggies. So Alex and I split Chicken with Broccoli, Lo Mein, and Egg Drop soup. I thought the lo mein was good... everything else was average. It didn't matter though; we were starving. Later we crashed on the couch with big bowls of Nutty Caramel Caribou frozen yogurt. I may/may not have had a few fun size candy bars too... oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment