Friday, October 2, 2009

Why be like me?

Who knows... In fact, why would you even be reading this unless you are one of the very few people I would trust to tell and not mock me! Anyway, my name is Jessie Davis, and I just graduated from Penn State in May. After four years of communications courses and a "distinguished" public relations degree, I decided in no way do I want to take this course in my life.

What I love to do is on a completely different sector. If you asked my friends, I've not taken more than a day off from working out in years. I eat as healthy as possible without becoming obsessive and still enjoying my life. I have an ice cream addiction and the biggest sweet tooth around. All in the same though, I am very, no, extremely interested in health and nutrition. And that's not to say just my own. I am on my way to becoming a wellness manager of sorts. I want to help people. I can make someone the best version of themselves, this I know, but unfortunately I am not technically qualified to do it yet.

Enter grad school. So yes, despite all my current knowledge, I will be forced to fork out thousands of dollars to prove I can do it. All in the same, who can complain about more school and less work? I certainly won't.

In this blog, I will try to mimic Self.com in their "eat like me" blog. It is really interesting and written by a nutritionist who knows her stuff. I will try to start the pictures tomorrow, although I did take one of dinner last night. It was concocted out of a surplus of vegetables we didn't eat throughout the week and no lean proteins on hand. We made a caribbean black bean and rice dish with mango salsa, some broccoli, and a delicata squash. It was delicious and I would be lying if I didn't tell you I had another spoonful or two of the beans...(I'm certainly not at food perfection!) After an hour or so I indulged my sweet tooth with edy's slow churn cookies and cream ice cream. It's half the fat of regular ice cream and you wouldn't miss it... seriously! I'll have to show you the little espresso cups I eat it out of. It makes the experience just a bit more fun...and it looks like a lot more ice cream! So, anyway, that was yesterday. But the full on pictures will begin tomorrow... hopefully.

This should be interesting because my camera phone is less than perfect and doesn't always, or ever, load pictures! But, I'll give it a try.

Anyway, I also played soccer at Penn State, so fitness is a big part of my life. I will also try to keep you updated on what I do. Typically, I run, do elliptical, pilates, and teach a fitness class where I get weight lifting, squats, and lunges in. I also walk and just try to stay active. I do get lazy though, and working out sometimes is the last thing I want to do. I can't preach it if I don't practice though, right? So today, I ran about 6 miles and by the 5th one I was sucking wind. My legs were super sore from a hill workout I did in my class yesterday. It's a good burn though. But, that's all for now. More to come. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment